Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Time to get more frugal/organised and being eclectic!


I have no tatoos but I love this. Think its more the saying but I do love the font too.
Do you have any tatoos? I like them but my boyfriend calls them 'slag tags'! Funny that his ex had one! (Miaow!)



So pretty I had to share.





Love this collage. All things eclectic-sums me up!

My tastes in most things are eclectic- I like such different types of music. My favourite I have to say is dance music but I adore Take That! Hey I was there the first time! I am loving Adele-she never fails to deliver. Also love Neneh Cherry-wonder what shes up to now?
 I would say my house is modern-shabby chic but I'm not sure if thats a style! I have a very modern kitchen but it has shabby chic touches eg. a unit with vintage china displayed. I also have very girly wallpaper in the kitchen but I am still undecided about this. I have a dresser in my living room that I painted in Annie Sloan and I LOVE it. It started out life as that horrid orangey pine and is now painted in her gorgeous new ochre colour. I originally done it in old white but unfortunately it looked like undercoat! It was ok as I have used that paint on a mirror frame which was black and gold. Still have loads left too. A little really does go a long way and its worth the money. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the before pictures! So annoying.

Keeping to my all things frugal and trying not to buy new I picked this up for £2 from our local 'tip shop'. Its a bit more silver than the photo and obviously I am not keeping that picture in!



I am creating a photo wall going up my stairs (although is staying where it is) and am now on the look out for frames to do up. All the shabby chic ones i've looked at are in excess of £15- ridiculous when you consider how easy it is to do yourself. Watch this space!

Well my Flying continues at Flylady and I must say it is really paying off. I feel I can actually relax a bit. Got rid of so much paper its untrue! I have friends coming for lunch on Friday and instead of rushing around tomorrow blitzing its only going to take me an hour tops to get straight.

My aim now is to keep this organisation up. I have many ongoing projects and so my goal now is to finish these by Christmas.

They include:

Finish painting table and chairs

Fill holes in on dresser to complete it

Paint living room

Paint & paper my bedroom & paint my drawers

Various jobs in kitchen


Anyway time to put the little Lovely's to bed. Aaah peace at last! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment