Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Giving more than you get

Some days/weeks don't you just feel like you give way more than you get? I'm not talking material things I'm talking the ungrateful children, the friends who take take take, the boyfriend that takes you for granted or the family who make you feel bad for what you haven't done instead of thinking about what you do actually do. 


THE UNGRATEFUL CHILDREN!


They have so much yet always want more...I blame this on the tv, peer pressure and the ex! I actually blame most of it on the ex. I used to buy their Christmas presents then he'd say oh thats not enough and buy more! Just as an example the last Christmas we were together the teenager had a laptop...£399 and other bits...probably amounting £600. (this embarrasses me now). He then went and bought her a pair of Ugg boots. Last year it was an I-pad plus what I'd bought her. Her expectations are now way too high. I've explained that this year I just cannot afford it and am met by 'but all my friends have XXXX or so and so gets XXXX. Yes well sorry but I'm not so and so, so its tough! I have now written down all my outgoings and incomings and given her the harsh realities of day to day living. She is now talking about getting a job!
I worry about the younger two and that they will grow up expecting all the latest things. They know that Father Christmas doesn't bring them everything on their list. However he will be visiting twice- at their dads and here. The ex has already gone WAY overboard. At the end of the day it is up to him but he is terrible with money and I don't think that this is a good lesson for them.
Anyway this year the teenager will be having £200 spent on her. The other 2 (6&4) £100. With deals I've got they actually have more like £140-£160 worth. 


THE FRIENDS WHO TAKE TAKE TAKE!


To make a long story very short- my 'friend' splits up with her boyfriend and I see her all the time. She gets back with him its like she has disappeared off the face of the earth. And so this cycle continues. I saw her 3 times last week and they weren't back together. Back together since last Friday...not a word. Grrr.....so I'm through with it. Fed up of feeling used.


BOYFRIEND TAKING ME FOR GRANTED!


This is so self explanatory really isn't it! He's a man, they don't think. He'll be told at the weekend too! Its the mood I'm in!


THE FAMILY!


My sister moaning that I'm not going  to my parents Christmas day so she won't see the children. I have never ever spent a single Christmas apart from my family and this year I've decided to. My mum  is fine with it although I'm sure she'd prefer us there she understands. We are there Boxing Day. However my sister isn't. Its like she is expecting me to change my plans so that it suits her! This incidentally is the same sister that I've been trying to get together with for weeks! 


Anyway enough of moaning! Its nearly Christmas lol! 


Do you ever feel like this? xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment