Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Love & Trust

Today my best friend phoned me very upset as her boyfriend had been sending messages to his ex. Just silly things like 'happy birthday' and 'oh sorry I missed you the other day' (when he had arrived not long after at the pub she had just left).
How does my friend know this? She checked his Facebook. I've been sitting here thinking and it points to 2 things-she doesn't trust him but he trusts her. She has all his passwords-he has given them to her. (Not sure why but irrelevant really!) Something made her decide to check up on him and she found out things that she didn't like. However if he really was trying to hide anything from her then surely these passwords would have remained secret? Also he has been split up from said ex for about 5 years although by his own admission she was his first love and he was really cut up over the split as she cheated on him. When she recently got engaged he got overly upset. Part of me wonders why he is still 'friends' with her on Facebook. To me the past is the past. I have no desire to be friends with any of my exe's. The only reason I speak to my ex is that we have children together or else I'd quite happily never set eyes on him again!! My friend now has the evil paranoia which will threaten their relationship. She has been hurt before quite badly but then haven't we all? They've only been together 6 months and she is now feeling like the bubble has burst. Me..well I just feel that its a misunderstanding that can be sorted as long as they deal with it now. 








 Trust really is the most important thing. My ex cheated on me. In fact it started 6 weeks after he proposed to me...nice hey? We'd been together nearly 9 years. You think you know a person but I never knew him at all. I found out after he cheated on me more or less the whole time. But you have to move on from what ONE person did to you. You cannot judge others by somebody else. 






My boyfriend works away during the week. Yes its hard. Bizarrely its the same situation I was in before and swore I'd never get into again! I think that if it had been the situation when I first met him I'd have probably run for the hills but it was too late when he started working away cos I'd fallen hook line and sinker! Our whole relationship is based on trust. Without it our relationship would fall apart. His ex also cheated on him as did the one before her. I will never ever be that girl. How do I know that? Because I remember the hurt and pain. I never want to be the cause of that to anyone. And also its just morally wrong. If I even felt tempted I'd have to end it. 
Anyway I guess the whole point of this is that love and trust go hand in hand you have to have both to make it work.



No comments:

Post a Comment